Code of Conduct
Conferencia.io believes the tech community and the community that has connections to Conferencia should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, or other items not listed implicitly here.
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
2. Expected Behavior
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative. Don’t be a jerk./li>
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and speech./li>
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert conference organizers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress./li>
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you help the Conferencia community and make it better for everyone.
3. Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behaviors include: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning conduct by any members of Conferencia.io.
Harassment includes: offensive comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including profile pages); deliberate intimidation, cyber-stalking or following; and unwelcome sexual attention.
4. Consequences Of Unacceptable Behavior
We have a variety of ways of enforcing our rules, including, but not limited to:
- Asking you nicely to knock it off
- Asking you less nicely
- Temporary or permanent suspension of accounts
- Removal of privileges from, or adding restrictions to, accounts
- Removal of content
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
We do not fully monitor all incoming social media from conferences, especially if that media is automatically pulled. While you should report unapprorioate social media via the social media’s tools, you can submit us a URL and/or description if the social media is on Conferencia.io and we will investigate, with possible removal of the media as a result.
8. Contact Information
You have the ability to reach us via our contact page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. License And Attribution
This Code of Conduct is a modification from the awesome work of Open Source Bridge, but with our event information substituted. The original is available at http://opensourcebridge.org/about/code-of-conduct/ and is released under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.